6– Greater Achievement through Cooperation
CORE VALUES FOR COMMUNITY WELL-BEING
- We believe that we must organize our own small economic structure to support each member of that organization to do better in the open marketplace.
- We believe that community economic structure greatly impacts the well-being of a community and those who live there.
- We look for leaders who resonate with the well-being vision and who are fully committed to the principles of well-being for all, not just a few.
- We believe in cooperation, not competition
- We believe in the co-op business structure that is solely worker owned, rather than in corporations that retain all the profits for themselves and their shareholders
- We renounce taking control of another human being
- No hierarchies. No votes.
- Autonomy and authority belong to the project, and its agreed upon objectives dictate policy
- We believe serving must be voluntary and without obligation or force. Each commitment and agreement must be made freely and fulfilled joyfully.
- We believe that Contribution Agreements must be easily broken, with easy exit strategies built in.
We work with:
LOCAL GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
TOURISM – invite the public to see our progress
TECHNOLOGY that CONNECTS HUMANITY
OPEN SOURCE SHARING OF INFORMATION
RESTORATIVE JUSTICE – visit jails, correctional institutions
NOT-FOR-PROFITS – volunteer and support
FOOD CO-OPS / INDOOR FARMING / ORGANIC FOOD PRODUCTION