Every individual is born into a family. It is an instinctive desire of the human psyche to be part of a family, a drive that can’t be satisfied by anything else. The parents that bring us into the world are special to us and are connected to us in ways we can’t understand. Even parents who don’t seem to deserve love will strangely hold a very vulnerable place in their child’s heart.
If we want to change the world we must start with ourselves, then expand our focus to those who are closest to us.
STATS and RESEARCH ABOUT FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS
U.S. National Library of Medicine
Statistics and Research
- Do Social Ties Affect Our Health? Exploring the Biology of Relationships (National Institutes of Health)Also in Spanish
- National Marriage and Divorce Rate Trends (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention)
- ClinicalTrials.gov: Family (National Institutes of Health)
Journal ArticlesReferences and abstracts from MEDLINE/PubMed
(National Library of Medicine)
- Article: Family therapy for autism spectrum disorders.
- Article: Family-based treatments for serious juvenile offenders: A multilevel meta-analysis.
- Article: Research Review: The effectiveness of multidimensional family therapy in treating…
- Family Issues — see more articles
- Family leave — see more articles
- Kids With Two Moms or Two Dads (Nemours Foundation)Also in Spanish
- Living with a Single Parent (Nemours Foundation)Also in Spanish
- Living with Stepparents (Nemours Foundation)
- Preparing Your Child for a Move (Nemours Foundation)
- Preparing Your Child for a New Sibling (For Parents) (Nemours Foundation)Also in Spanish
- Running Away (Nemours Foundation)Also in Spanish
- Welcoming a New Baby into Your Family (Nemours Foundation)
- When It’s Just You After School (Nemours Foundation)Also in Spanish
- When Your Parents Fight (For Kids) (Nemours Foundation)Also in Spanish